Big Data and Data Science Consultant
- Consulting and training in Big Data, Hadoop Development and Administration. Have trained more than 1000 professionals in Big data, Hadoop and Data Science
- Completed Business Analytics and Intelligence (BAI) Course from IIM Bangalore
- Consulting and training in the areas of applying Data Science techniques like regression, classification, clustering, text analytics etc. using R, Python and Spark
- Analyzed and implemented a recommender system for a large grocery retailer for India.
- 16+ Years of expertise and experience in architecture, design and development of mission critical and complex systems for customers like Retail (Home Depot, US) and Banking (CKWB Bank, Hong Kong) .
- 4+ years in Cloud Computing and Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Amazon Web services, VMware and Google App Engine public clouds
- Expertise in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) domain including application integration using Data Services Platform, ESB, BPM and SOA management and governance.
- Published a case on Harvard Business Publishing: CUSTOMER ANALYTICS AT BIGBASKET – PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS (https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/product/IMB573-PDF-ENG)
- Cloudera Certified Hadoop Developer
- Coursera Certified Data Analyst – John Hopkins University “Data Science Specialization”
- edx X-Series certification for Spark and Scalable machine learning
- TOGAF 8.1 Certified Enterprise Architect
- PMP Certification & ITIL V3 Foundation Certified
From July 2012 to till date
Independent Consultant & Trainer, Big Data and Data Science
- Consulting and training in Big Data, Hadoop Development and Administration, Writing Map Reduce Algorithms, Hive & Pig Scripts, building recommender engine, Machine learning, text analytics
- Trained more than 600 people in Hadoop Developer and Administrator skills from large MNCs like EMC, CISCO, HP, YODLEE, YAHOO, eBay etc. and academic institutions like IIM Bangalore.
- Regularly writes blogs on Big Data, Cloud computing, SaaS and Virtualization at blogspot.com, www.awesomestats.in
iGATE patni, Bangalore
September 2011 to July 2012
Architect, Big Data Analytics on Cloud
- Architecting and designing Spending Pattern analysis solution offering for BFSI customers using Hadoop
- Led the team to build the solution on both Public Cloud and Private Cloud
- The solution has portal interface to abstract complexities of Hadoop from Users
- The Hadoop Analysis was integrated with Google Charts for Analytics
- Solution used technologies like Apache Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce
March 2011 to August 2011
Architect, Private Cloud Initiative
- Architecting and designing a private cloud using VMware cloud stack for hosting internal applications and showcasing capabilities to customers
- Leading the development team setting up VMware based internal private cloud
- The private cloud was used to build value added solutions like Development and testing environment on cloud, ECM on Cloud, Big Data on cloud etc.
- The features and capabilities like self-service, chargeback, multi-tenancy, live migration, DRS were implemented on private cloud
- The private cloud was implemented using VSphere 4.1, VShield, vCloud Director, vCenter and Request Manager
August 2010 to February 2011
Architect, Cloud Consulting Services
- Creating assessment framework, methodologies and reference architecture for public and private cloud
- Leading and guiding the technical team for PoC development on Amazon AWS like Testing as a Service, Business applications & e-Governance solutions on cloud
- Organizing cloud awareness workshops and evangelizing cloud computing internally in the organization and with customers
- Creating awareness and building community of practice in the organization
- Interacting with multiple cloud vendors to understand their offerings
- Interacting with customers and contributing to the presales for cloud solutions offerings
Enable Apps Consulting Services, Bangalore
September 2009 to July 2010
Technology Consultant & Trainer
- Designed and developed a Product based on Software as a Service model.
- Developed a successful SaaS (Software as a Service) based product using GWT 2.0 and Google App Engine.
- Consulting and conducting Trainings on Cloud Computing, Google App Engine and Amazon web service (AWS)
- Presenting Cloud computing topics in seminars ( Cloud Camp, Bangalore 2010)
Hewlett Packard Global Delivery, Bangalore, India
December 2008 to September 2009
Solution Architect, P&G Application Support
- Leading a team of 15 people supporting P&G’s Decision cockpit solution built on SOA platform
- Design and Code review of new applications as per standards and guidelines set
- Production Environment support & providing fixes for applications
- Monitoring performance of the DCv3 systems, ALDSP 2.5 to 3.2 Migration
Hewlett Packard Global Delivery, Bangalore, India
Aug 2007 to November 2008
Solution Architect, Oracle Fusion Middleware Competency Center
- Worked on building competencies on SOA using Oracle Fusion Middleware and BEA Aqualogic technologies
- BPM (Business Process Management), ESB, Web Service Manager, SOA Governance and Application Integration Architecture (AIA).
- Architecture Consulting, Pre-sales support including estimation, scheduling and Solutioning for SOA based solutions
- PoC Development and technology evaluation & Technical Assistance to the Delivery teams
Oct 2006 to July 2007
Tech Lead, OpenBank Product Develpment
- Leading development team migrating OpenBank framework to BEA WebLogic and Oracle Fusion Middleware.
- Develop candidate architecture and propose, Conduct architecture and design discussion
- Development Standards and Guidelines, Capacity Planning
- to the testing team
Jan 2005 to October 2006
Middleware Solution Architect, CKWB Bank Channel Integration
- The objective of the project was to integrate Fast Counter teller front office application to Core banking solution running on IBM Mainframe.
- Requirements Gathering, Architecting and designing the solution, Leading Development Team, Development of Standards and Guidelines
- Capacity Planning, Performance Analysis
December 2001 to January 2005
- Worked in various technical roles for many client projects including Fedex, Motorola, Home Depot etc
Tata Consultancy Services, Mumbai, India
July 1998 to December 2001
- Worked in various technical roles for many client projects including Tandem and Compaq Computers
Business Analytics and Intelligence Certification, Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore
B.E., Electrical Engineering, University College of Engineering, Sambalpur, Orissa