Dr. Sundar Balakrishna
Electronic Services Delivery
Dr. Sundar Balakrishna holds a Bachelors in Engineering (Computer science), a Masters in Science (Forestry), a Masters in Business Administration (Post-graduate Diploma in Management) with finance concentration (from Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Indore), and a PhD (Fellow Program in Management) in the Economics area (from Indian Institute of Management Ahmadabad).
He is serving in the Indian Forest Service as Chief Conservator of Forests and is currently Director, Electronic Services Delivery, Government of Andhra Pradesh and holding additional positions of CEO, Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Academy, and, CEO, SAPNET Mana TV, in the Department of Information Technology, Electronics, and Communications, Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Dr. Sundar Balakrishna is the recipient of the following awards and appreciation at the national and the international levels:
- “ Skoch order of merit 2015 award” for one of the best e-government citizen services delivery initiatives by the Skoch group (September 2015)
- "CSI-Nihilent Award of Appreciation 2015" for e-government initiatives in the mining sector by the Computer Society of India (December 2015)
- “ Digital Trailblazers award” for Mobile Meeseva App instituted by the India Today Group (September 2016)
- “ Skoch order of merit 2016 award” for developing the Citizens’ Online Redress System (Meekosam) by the Skoch group (December 2016)
- Appreciation certificate by National Instruments, a multinational corporation based in Austin, Texas, USA, for pioneering initiatives in introducing "internet of things" pedagogy modules to the rural engineering students of Andhra Pradesh (August 2016)
- “Digital Gems of India award 2017” by the Maximum Governance, a not-for-profit organization (March 2017)
- “Professor Michael Porter strategy Awards 2017” instituted by the Institute for Competitiveness, Harvard University (May 2017).
He is a visiting faculty (Economics area) at the Indian Institutes of Management Indore, and Trichy and teaches Microeconomics, Environmental and Natural Resources Economics, Economics of Network Industries, Econometrics with R, and Regulatory Economics. He also teaches Forest Economics to forest ranger trainees in the State Forest Academy and the officers of the Indian Forest Service (IFS) in the Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy at Dehradun, besides teaching Introductory Economics to the officers of the Indian Administrative Service at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie.
His major publications include
- Sundar, B., Venkataramananiah, S., & Nagar, N. (2017, January). A PESTEL Perspective Of E- Government – The Case of Andhra Pradesh. Paper selected for publication and presentation at the Production and Operations Management Society, 28th annual conference at Seattle, USA
- Sundar, B. (2017, January). Promoting Information Technology Startups In Andhra Pradesh – Issues And Challenges. Paper selected for publication andpresentation at the proceedings of the United Nations University’s 10thinternational conference on theory and practice of electronic governance(ICEGOV2017). In addition, this paper has beenselected for publication in a high quality Special Issue Publication (SIP) one-Government in India (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=3047288)
- Sundar, B. (2016, November). Government Electronic Services Delivery And The Digital Divide: The Case of Andhra Pradesh, India. Paper selected forpublication in the Asian Development Bank Working Paper Series AndConference Presentation on the theme "Trade in digital economy", atBangkok, Thailand.
- Sundar, B., & Venkataramaniah, S. (2016, May). Impact of information technology-enabled services on the state gross domestic product: a case of Andhra Pradesh, India. Paper selected for publication and presentation at theproduction and operations management society, 27th annual conference atOrlando, Florida, USA
- Sundar, B. (2013). An analysis of property rights of forest dependent communities: The Indian context. Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, 38(3), 79-102
- Sundar, B., & Virmani, V. (2013). Attitudes towards risk of forest dependent communities: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh. Indian Institute of Ahmadabad Working Paper WP2013 12-02
- Sundar, B., & Virmani, V. (2013). “Impatience” of forest dependent communities: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh. Indian Institute of Ahmadabad Working Paper WP2013-12-01
- Sundar, B., &Virmani, V. (2013). Numeracy and financial literacy of forest dependent communities: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh. Indian Institute of Ahmadabad Working Paper WP2013-09-02
- Sundar, B., & Datta, S. K. (2012). Ensuring sustainable corporate social responsibility. In R. K. Mishra, S. Sarkar, P. Singh (Eds.), Strategic corporate social responsibility (pp. 176- 193). New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Limited